Blade - Your Expert Co-Pilot
All relevant information presented on a color moving map. With airspeed and total energy compensation. For pilots who want all of the functionality to win competitions and enjoy safe cross-country flights.
- Exceptionally accurate Total Energy compensated Vario for the quickest climb rate
- Measured Airspeed indicator with Speed to Fly
- Very loud speaker
- Individually configurable Color Moving map
- Touchscreen optimized for use with gloves
- Incredibly Slim and Aerodynamic housing
- Integrated Flarm/FANET+ module
- Preloaded worldwide maps and airspace is easy to use works right out of the box
- Colour screen which remains easy to read even in bright sunlight
- Helps you find lift with the thermal assistant
- Everything you need to win competitions
Blade keeps you flying - for longer, further and faster...
The Blade Difference
As most experienced pilots will testify, the cost of using a "cheap" flight instrument is the loss of many flying hours, miles flown and tasks won. The sooner you start flying with an instrument that truly assists you in making the right decisions, the better and longer your flights will become.
- Teaching piloting excellence – let Blade be your expert co-pilot
- Saves time – on and off the hill
- Works when you need it – long autonomy, robust and best in class reliability
- Exceptional customer support – we move mountains to keep you flying!
All of which combines to enable better, more skilful piloting, higher performance and the greatest chance of achieving your flight plan, however ambitious a goal you set for yourself.
The Complete Package
Every good pilot knows the value of having the right flight plan, the right navigation instrument and the insights gained from reviewing a flight.
When used in combination with SeeYou software, developed for the gliding and free flight community over nearly 20 years, the Blade is the complete package offering:
- Pre-flight planning
- In-flight navigation
- Post-flight analysis
The Choice of Champions
Blade has been developed in cooperation with some of the best hang glider pilots worldwide, including Alex Ploner, Tom Weissenberger, Matjaž Klemenčič, France Peternelj and others!
When will you join them?
- Total Energy compensated vario
- Airspeed sensor
- Sunlight readable colour LCD
- Gloves friendly touchscreen
- Slim and Aerodynamic
- Thermal assistant
- Wind assistant
- Ready to fly - no setup
- 12-hour autonomy (battery life)
- XC Tasks created on moving map terrain with touch
- Internet connection through Oudie Live for flight uploading
- XC and FAI Triangles
- 3D Airspace assistant
- Immediate flight uploads and goal declaration
- Easy and free software updates
Speed bar mount
- Weight: 150 grams
- Dimensions: 25 x 16 x 5 cm
International wall charger
Wall charger with featuring interchangeable plugs for UK (type G), Europe (type C), North America (type A/B) and Australia (type I)
Weight: approx 0.2 kg
Dimensions: approx 11.5 x 7.5 x 6 cm
Built on the proven Oudie platformBlade runs the same software as the proven and tested Oudie models from Naviter. It adds hang-gliding specific sensors built into an aerodynamic pod.
‘I have been so impressed with everything to do with Naviter: The Oudie is head and shoulders the best instrument for XC and comps, the after sales support is faultless and they are the nicest people to deal with... perfect! Anyone serious about flying paragliders should have one of these.’ - Guy Anderson, top UK XC pilot, British paragliding team & PWC pilot
‘Whether I use it for competitions or for XC-flights, the Oudie is a really good instrument. Light weight, easy to handle and with a long-lasting battery. Software and device are of very high quality and that's the reason why I recommend Oudie to friends!’ - Michael Sigel, Swiss League pilot and top competition pilot
‘Thanks to my new Oudie I optimized my flights better than ever, being able to see the radius of the cylinder at all times, with ease of use. It was my first competition with Oudie. It is a great instrument, perfect for competition with large radiuses and arrivals at goal with very little height, I'm very happy.’ - Francisco Javier Reina after the PWC Superfinal
‘I absolutely love my Oudie, it has transformed my flying experience.’ - Richard Osborne, fun-loving UK XC addict (and self-confessed technophobe!)
‘Oudie is the device I was looking for. A very nice Variometer and a complete GPS with all the information I need to make top performance in Competition and Cross Country.’ - Charles Cazaux, World Champion